|Let’s face it selling a home can be a real stress. The reasons for selling can be many from job relocation to you found your dream home. There are many important things to remember while you are going into the process and are in the process of selling your home. |
The first thing you need to know is you should put your current home on the market before you even start looking for another home. Otherwise you may buy a nice home and then end up with two mortgages. If this does happen ask your realtor what you can do to make it easier.
When you are selling keep in mind that there is a domino effect. Everything has to be coordinated, closing and moving dates, and a commitment form everyone for the dates and sticking to them is much better for all who are involved. Put everything in writing. Also negotiate for financial penalties for failure to comply. These things will protect you in the long run.
Something else to consider when selling your home is its curb appeal. Make sure that your yard is well maintained. Take a look at the exterior of your home. Does it appeal to you or do you think it could use a new coat of paint? Clean the gutters, chimneys, and walls if needed. Look to see if there is any crack in your foundation and walls. Look to see if any of your windows are broken or cracked. If you can afford it please replace them.
Along with curb appeal is the inside appeal. You can begin this by cleaning all windows and give your whole house a through cleaning. Make sure that all of your garbage and clutter is stored out of site. Make sure that your beds are made and there are no unpleasant smells. Repair any leaky faucets and oil any squeaky doors. Don’t forget to clean your refrigerator and your oven. Keep in mind that the cleaner your floor is the better the room looks. Clutter will make any house look bad.
Now if you follow the above advice and the tips about selling your home on this website you should have no problem with selling your home.
Reasons Why Buyers & Sellers Use a REALTOR
1. Qualifying the Buyer - REALTORS qualify prospective buyers to determine in advance their financial ability to purchase. Pre-Qualification also helps a buyer understand what they can afford and what they can realistically look at buying. This saves both buyers and sellers a lot of time and aggravation and ensures that the process is as smooth as possible.
2. Advertising - REALTORS have access to several forms of advertising including newspapers, magazines, relocation networks and the Multiple Listing Service--a cooperative sales system which contains all the properties for sale in your market area.
3. Housing Trends - REALTORS have current market information on comparable selling prices for specific types of homes, allowing sellers to establish realistic prices while obtaining fair market value for their property.
4. Sale Negotiations - REALTORS are trained professionals who can answer the many questions posed by potential buyers and should work to alleviate any doubts buyers have about the process.
5. Financing - REALTORS will continually gather information on the latest and best methods of obtaining mortgage money and be prepared to assist the buyer to assure a speedy sale.
6. Continuing Education - REALTORS are constantly upgrading their professional abilities by keeping informed about market trends, the latest industry innovations, new legislation and civil rights. Members of the National Association of REALTORS have the right to earn professional designations by completing additional education.
7. Personal Service - REALTORS work cooperatively with the affiliate members of the MLS to provide information on title and conveyance documents, termite inspections, home warranty programs, etc. REALTORS also make suggestions to sellers on how to make a home more salable.
8. Protection for Buyers & Sellers - REALTORS subscribe to a strict Code of Ethics and accept the responsibility of promoting the interests of buyers and sellers by protecting them from fraud and misrepresentation.
The Three critical factors involved in the sale
of your Phenix City area home:
1) Condition - This is Seller controlled and neighborhood influenced
2) List Price - Seller controlled. Actual sales pice is market influenced
3) Exposure - The is the ONLY factor your Realtor controls